Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the Louisiana Department of Health or the Louisiana Hospital Association.
- Franklin Foundation Hospital Vaccine Distribution Information:
- Franklin Foundation Hospital is working with The Louisiana Department of Health and The Governor’s Office to dispense vaccines according the Tier System.
- When vaccines become available for the general public, Franklin Foundation Hospital will post information regarding availability on social media.
- Patients who are interested in receiving the vaccine can call call 337-907-6585 for information on availability of the vaccine, to see if you meet current criteria according to the LDH Tier System and to schedule an appointment.
- CDC Vaccine Information:
- Louisiana Department of Health:
In following guidance from the Louisiana Department of Health, Franklin Foundation Hospital will be restricting visitors in an effort to keep our healthcare workers and patients safe from the threat of COVID-19. For the protection of our employees, patients and our community, we are enforcing the following measures.
- ALL VISITORS and EMPLOYEES MUST WEAR A MASK:
- Restricted Entrances: We will be restricting access to the main entrance of the hospital and our Emergency Department entrance. These entrances will be monitored with a staff member who will screen patients and visitors prior to entry. EVERYONE entering the Hospital will be screened.
- Visitation hours are as follows:
- Our main hospital entrance will be open with Screening Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Our ED entrance will be open with a Screener Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- 1 Adult Support Person/Visitor Per Patient (with exception, below): We understand wanting to be close to family and friends while they are recovering from an illness or surgery. To best protect the potential community spread of COVID-19 and to protect those with already compromised immune systems, we are limiting visitors to 1 (one) Adult Support person/visitor* per patient (exception below). Visitors that are identified as high risk per the criteria will be asked to go home and will not be able to enter the facility to visit the patient.
- Laboring moms are allowed 1 adult Adult support person/visitor*
- Pediatric patient will be allowed both parents at the same time.
- End-of-Life patients in Emergency Department, Med/Surg and ICU*
- Adult support person/visitor – is defined as one designated adult, 18+ yrs. or older, that may visit a patient and will be the only person allowed to visit that patient during the patient’s stay.
- Boulevard Bistro: Our Boulevard Bistro (cafeteria) is closed to the general public, food and nutritional services will be limited to employees and patients ONLY.
- The Physician Practices: Our Physician Practices are limiting office visits to patients ONLY. No visitors unless the patient is in need of physical or mental assistance. If the patient is a minor, ONE parent will be allowed. Our Physician Practices will employ the same screening process at the entrances. No walk-in appointments accepted at this time, CALL AHEAD APPOINTMENTS ONLY will be allowed into our buildings.
- Employees and Vendors: To further protect our patients, employees and our community, ALL employees and vendors will be required to undergo the same screening process aforementioned.
- Dedicated webpage about COVID-19: We have crated a page on our website dedicated to COVID-19. Please visit https://www.franklinfoundation.org/be-prepared-for-coronavirus-covid-19/ for up-to-date information and useful links to the CDC, LDH, LHA, NIH and Hand Hygiene.
Franklin Foundation Hospital strongly encourages those who are experiencing minor symptoms of COVID-19 to isolate themselves for 14 days, avoid contact with other people and pets, practice rigorous hand and body hygiene, disinfect surfaces regularly and avoid sharing items.
We continue to be in contact with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Louisiana Department of Health and Region III Office of Public Health. While in precaution for potential COVID-19 cases, please remember that healthcare workers within the hospital are still treating patients who are in distress, experiencing health scares like heart attack and stroke, and so much more. Now, more than ever, our Emergency Departments need to be used for emergencies.